School Board Members
Governing Board Meetings
Special School Board Meeting
Central Office Conference Room
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 @ 5:45 p.m.
Belief Statements and Goals of the 2009-2014 Strategic Plan
We believe that:
- Students will learn in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe, respectful, nurturing, and challenging;
- Students must demonstrate intellectual curiosity, an appreciation for learning, high levels of achievement, and responsible behavior;
- All students must have equal access to learning opportunities;
- Students, parents, and educators share responsibility for learning;
- The school district is a model of ethical responsibility for the community;
- It is important to have strong communications among the schools, community, and town government;
- Schools and community work together to create a supportive environment for young people;
- Teachers are responsible for maintaining the highest standards of their profession;
- Dedicated, inspired, and motivated staff are necessary to deliver high quality education services;
- Springfield can provide a quality education that is both fiscally responsible and affordable;
- The school district is accountable for positive and meaningful results;
- Focused professional development and best practice drives student achievement;
- Functional, clean, and up-to-date facilities foster optimum learning.
Goal #1 100% of Springfield students will graduate from high school.
Goal #2 Continue to maintain and improve existing and new facilities, playgrounds, nature trails, and outdoor spaces, which are integral to the creation of an optimal education environment, and provide access for community participation.
Goal #3 Each student will be teamed with an adult who will support and advocate for them through their middle school and high school years.
Goal #4 Every student will be supported in developing a personal learning plan starting in middle school.
Goal #5 Provide structures and systems to support educators and school leaders to perform their best work.
Goal #6 Strengthen school and community connections.
SCHOOL BOARD MEETINGS
The Board regularly meets on the first and third Monday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Springfield High School Library. Staff members are encouraged to attend Board meetings. During June, July and August, there is one monthly meeting on the first Monday of the month.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT BOARD MEETINGS
The Springfield School Board encourages public participation at its meetings. All meetings of the School Board or its subcommittees will comply with the Vermont Open Meeting Law. All actions of the School Board shall take place in open session and the deliberations leading to Board action shall likewise be conducted openly, except matters discussed in Executive Session. When the pressure of Board business is severe, or when a large number of people wish to speak on matters before the Board, reasonable rules may be used to insure that meetings are conducted in an orderly fashion and that the business before the Board is completed in a timely manner.
The Board will provide opportunities for public participation at its meetings prior to board action on any item on the Board agenda in accordance with procedures developed by the Board.
|01/2013 - RVTC Meeting Report||126 Kb|
|02/04/2013 - VSBA, RVTC, BBF Report||11 Kb|
|06/2012 - RVTC Meeting Report||72 Kb|
|06/2012 - VSBA Retreat||51 Kb|
|11/02/2011 - RVTC Meeting Report||59 Kb|
|11/09/2011 - VSBA Meeting Report||38 Kb|
|12/14/2011 - VSBA Meeting Report||88 Kb|
|12/2012 - RVTC Meeting Report||54 Kb|
|12/2012 - VSBA Meeting Report||52 Kb|
|12/30/2011 - RVTC Meeting Report||43 Kb|
|About Jeanice Garfield||46 Kb|
Last Updated (Wednesday, 22 May 2013 09:34)